I bet many of you have experienced those frustrating moments on Zoom, Teams, or any other Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform like RingCentral. You know what I’m talking about—the dreaded video and audio glitches caused by a less-than-stellar internet connection, which are often completely out of your hands. Or maybe you’ve been in a situation where you desperately needed to access important SaaS apps, like Microsoft 365, but your location was a connectivity nightmare and it felt like the software was crawling at a snail’s pace. While it is an inconvenience for the user, the real impact is on the company bottom line with the loss of productivity adding up across the whole workforce.
At Netskope, we’re dedicated to helping customers simplify and unify their network and security operations. That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce Borderless SD-WAN Cloud Gateways within NewEdge, extending high-performance access to cloud and SaaS services. This integration of Netskope Borderless SD-WAN and Intelligent SSE represents a groundbreaking innovation, combining security and network performance into a unified SASE cloud solution. We’re excited to offer this to organizations embarking on a business and digital transformation journey.
Legacy technologies won’t keep up with a cloud-first world.
Traditional technologies, such as Gen1 SD-WAN and remote access solutions have served enterprises well for decades. But times are changing, and this is creating serious visibility, performance, and security gaps that are difficult to solve. Today’s hybrid workforce expects a robust combination of security and performance no matter where end users are working from. Gen1 SD-WAN architecture, however, is often challenged in the following ways:
- Outdated in the Cloud Age: Legacy SD-WAN Struggles: In today’s fast-paced business landscape, cloud and cloud-delivered applications have become the backbone of success for any business, with an anticipated surge to 72,000 cloud applications this year. However, traditional SD-WAN is stuck in the past, discovering only 2,500 apps. Enterprises need visibility and control over these crucial apps, but legacy SD-WAN was built for on-premise data centers. So, how can you conquer the hurdles of discovering and prioritizing applications according to user and business needs while tackling significant productivity obstacles and preventing the emergence of shadow IT?
- Outages cost money: Can you risk business continuity with Legacy SD-WAN: When SD-WAN arrived, we rejoiced–it enabled us to use inexpensive business class internet and offered us the power to prioritize traffic across multiple links and better ROI. But here’s the catch: legacy SD-WAN excels with on-premise applications, leaving cloud connections exposed to network disruptions. Imagine a network outage disrupting your cloud-based apps; it’s a recipe for business havoc. Can you take that risk?
- DIY Cloud SD-WAN with Securing Causes Big Operational Overhead: Many customers assume they can easily transfer their SD-WAN virtual machine to the cloud. However, this leads to a ”DIY SD-WAN” approach, which involves costly deployment across multiple regions, making it impractical for most organizations. Additionally, integrating SD-WAN with various SSE solutions only adds complexity and operational burdens. Would your other network operation priorities allow you to commit to it?
Unlock the Power of SASE with Netskope Borderless SD-WAN Cloud Gateways Integrated into NewEdge
With Netskope Borderless SD-WAN and Netskope Intelligent SSE integrated within the NewEdge network, Netskope delivers a unified SASE platform that enables visibility, security and high performance cloud on-ramps from any branch, data center, or remote user to any cloud, SaaS, and UCaaS services.
- Netskope’s Context-aware SASE Fabric is Cloud-first and Application-first: Borderless SD-WAN overcomes limitations of legacy SD-WAN and now supports a database of over 75000 applications that are automatically rated with Netskope cloud confidence index (CCI) providing QoS smart defaults for automated prioritization and control (For example, Zoom has a CCI of 82, that is marked as a high priority by default and SureVoIP has a CCI of 38 treated as low priority out of the box)—eliminating shadow IT and creating efficient network operations environments.
- Assured application performance to the cloud: With Borderless SD-WAN within NewEdge, all of the SD-WAN benefits like active-active links, sub-second failover, TCP/UDP optimization are extended to all cloud and SaaS applications. Traffic is optimized for the first mile (User to Netskope), by monitoring network packet loss, jitter, and latency and optimizing performance even on the last remaining link. For the last mile (Netskope to the SaaS service), traffic is routed efficiently utilizing NewEdge’s routing control and traffic management capabilities. NewEdge currently has 3,200 network connections to 650 different ASNs and actively participates in over 100 internet exchanges. This positions it among the top 15 most connected networks. This reduced reliance on transit providers leads to optimal performance, low latency, and increased availability, significantly improving both user and application experiences
- Simplicity to SASE without sacrificing security or performance: With the tight integration of Netskope Borderless SD-WAN, Netskope Intelligent SSE, and Netskope NewEdge much of the heavy lifting is already taken care of and you can bring all of your remote users, devices, sites, and multi-cloud environments online in minutes–all with consistent network and security policy. With Netskope SASE, you can say goodbye to the complexity of traditional architectures and stacks of appliances. Instead, you can embrace a new era enabled by one platform, one software, and one policy with unified cloud-delivered SD-WAN and security services to streamline operations and ensure top-notch application performance. These components deliver secure, reliable access for all remote users, sites, and devices to on-premises services, as well as the most popular enterprise SaaS and cloud-based applications.
The result is a new way forward for connectivity, one built in the cloud, that delivers incredible business agility. It delivers end to end high performance connectivity from user to Netskope SASE and Netskope SASE to the application. By using Netskope SASE, you can take advantage of a broad spectrum of cloud-delivered security and SD-WAN services that span the enterprise to cover your network transformation needs.
Everyone wants a first class user experience, but not all SASE platforms are created equal. With Netskope you can get the consistent user experience and security that you need without any of the trade-offs. And a brighter future awaits!