“One cloud” approach allows enterprises to streamline cloud, web security strategies in single architecture built from the ground up for today’s web
Netskope, the leader in sécurité du Cloud, today announced the general availability of Netskope for Web, an expansion of the Netskope Cloud Security platform that enables safe web use for enterprise organizations. Powered by the same cloud-native architecture and patented Cloud XD technology of the award-winning and market-leading Netskope cloud access security broker (CASB), Netskope for Web uniquely understands today’s complex and dynamic web transactions. Additionally, the company’s “one cloud” approach allows enterprises to streamline their cloud and web security strategies in a single architecture, compared with the disparate legacy products available in the market today.
Enterprises today are faced with the daunting challenge of seamlessly securing critical data traversing the network to access software-as-a-service (SaaS) apps, infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), and the web from any endpoint. Although web security vendors have attempted to address this problem by packaging and moving their legacy solutions to the cloud, this approach does not address security challenges created by the use of SaaS and IaaS or the way the dynamic web is built today. This leads to an incomplete contextual understanding of the overall enterprise security posture, resulting in multiple weaknesses in network defenses. The Netskope Cloud Security platform uniquely addresses this need through one unified cloud architecture with a broad range of cloud-native services, including cloud data loss prevention (DLP) and threat protection, to deliver best-of-breed cloud and web security, simplifying the deployment and management of the enterprise security stack.
“The web is no longer static, but is rather a composite of dynamically generated pages that use the same underlying language that powers the rapidly growing cloud, making a unified platform for managing SaaS, IaaS and web essential to the modern enterprise,” said Sanjay Beri, founder and CEO at Netskope. “We’ve harnessed our expertise and deep roots in cloud security to develop a platform capable of securing both the cloud and web the way it should be done. Through Netskope Cloud XD, we can now provide customers with true 360-degree threat and data protection across all of their environments from one cloud.”
The enterprise network has evolved dramatically since legacy web security tools were first designed and built. In contrast to past hub-and-spoke network architectures, where offices were interconnected over costly, dedicated links and remote users accessed centralized resources over a virtual private network (VPN), organizations today want to enable their users to go directly to the cloud and web wherever they are.
Additionally, legacy web security solutions are typically delivered as physical appliances or are limited by fixed compute, storage and I/O resources. This has meant that security teams needed to carefully size their web security solutions, monitor their performance, and periodically refresh their infrastructure to avoid performance problems.
To realize this new network vision, a fundamentally different security platform is required. Born in the cloud, only the Netskope Cloud Security platform efficiently and effectively secures today’s distributed enterprise in a single unified platform and seamlessly scales to support additional users and new security services. This allows Netskope to deliver a range of services – including TLS decryption and advanced threat and data protection – at cloud-scale with no impact to the end user experience. Furthermore, Netskope supports cloud-only, on-premises, or hybrid deployments all delivered from one cloud. Customers can deploy with designs that support the deployment methods that fit their needs, rather than deploy under vendor-imposed constraints.
“Many legacy products don’t understand the relationship between cloud and web transactions, and also only offer IT a binary policy choice – allow or block – frustrating both IT and users,” said Doug Cahill, group director and senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. “Netskope’s unified approach to securing the cloud and web accounts for modern workflows, helps protect enterprises from sensitive data loss or exposure, and reduces complexity and cost for security teams.”
Additional capabilities of Netskope for Web include:
- Advanced threat and data protection: Powered by the same award-winning data loss prevention and threat protection that Netskope uses to protect cloud services, Netskope Threat Protect provides multi-layered threat protection, including advanced heuristic analysis and dynamic sandbox analysis, to detect evasive, zero-day threats delivered from the web. Netskope Data Protect provides highly accurate DLP for the cloud and web across more than 1,000 types using more than 3,000 data identifiers, and includes advanced features such as fingerprinting, proximity analysis, metadata extraction, and more.
- Intelligent view of web use: Netskope Cloud XD understands all inputs (logs, SaaS, IaaS, web) in extreme definition and performs big data analytics on details including user, group, location, device, service, destination, activity, and content in real time. This helps enterprises eliminate the blind spots legacy vendors can’t see and makes policy enforcement simple across all SaaS, IaaS, and web.
- Advanced, real-time web analytics: Netskope for Web allows security teams to understand high-level web use, and also analyze individual security incidents. The Netskope analytics provide the ability to view summary web use dashboards and reports, and also to drill down into more detailed views by user, site, and more. Netskope also supports flexible, ad-hoc queries to mine the rich web and cloud usage data in real time.
- Web classification and content filtering: Netskope for Web enables web use governance and provides a safe user experience with comprehensive web classification and content filtering. Netskope for Web has categorized 99.9% of active web coverage, and augments this with intelligence from dedicated in-house web and cloud application research teams and machine-learning-based content analysis for classification of uncategorized URLs.
“Managing cloud and web security from a single platform will make our security operations more efficient,” said Webb Deneys, CISO at Stearns Lending. “Netskope for Web allows us to seamlessly extend our network security policies to off-network and occasionally-connected devices without the limitations of using a proxy server.”
“One of our top initiatives at Berkshire Bank is to get better visibility and control of cloud services in our organization, but it’s also very important for us to make sure that we are able to effectively manage all of the security tools in our environment,” said Ryan Melle, FVP and CISO at Berkshire Bank. “The Netskope platform brings tremendous value, solving challenges with the cloud while providing a unified platform for cloud and web to help streamline overall security infrastructure.”
- Read a blog post on today’s news from Netskope CEO Sanjay Beri
- Register for the 2018 Netskope World Tour to learn about Netskope for Web in your area
- Watch a video to learn more about the Netskope Cloud Security platform, including Netskope for Web
- Download the Netskope for Web solution brief
À propos de Netskope
Netskope is the leader in cloud security. We help the world’s largest organizations take full advantage of the cloud and web without sacrificing security. Our patented Cloud XD technology eliminates blind spots by going deeper than any other security provider to quickly target and control activities across thousands of cloud services and millions of websites. With full control through one cloud-native interface, our customers benefit from 360-degree data protection that guards data everywhere and advanced threat protection that stops elusive attacks. At Netskope, we call this smart cloud security.