Empowers enterprises with most stringent regulatory requirements to use the cloud while achieving compliance
SAN FRANCISCO — RSA CONFERENCE 2015 — April 20, 2015 — Netskope today announced the industry’s first on-premises cloud access security broker (CASB) aimed at providing enterprises with the most stringent data residency, privacy and regulatory requirements the ability to take advantage of cloud apps while maintaining security and compliance. Through this new offering, Netskope extends its industry leading cloud-based CASB solution to a fully private, on-premises version that lets customers choose their deployment location or leverage a hybrid approach. Netskope’s growth in Canada and Europe and traction with highly regulated Fortune 500 companies helped drive the requirements and shape how the product is deployed.
The Netskope on-premises CASB deployment option, named “Netskope Secure Cloud,” has been designed for customers in industries and geographies that have observed the same uptake of cloud services as other industries, yet require tighter reins over sensitive data. This need can be driven by broader regulatory rules like Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or industry-specific rules like the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Where this comes into play in controlling cloud apps is when enterprises examine security metadata collected from cloud app usage in order to achieve compliance. Netskope Secure Cloud provides these highly regulated organizations with a viable option for safe cloud enablement without sacrificing the advanced capabilities of Netskope’s flagship cloud offering, the Netskope Active Platform™, which has garnered numerous industry awards, analyst recognition, and is considered the CASB of choice used by many large financial institutions worldwide.
“The past year has seen an enormous uptick in awareness about the potential liability posed by the increasing use of cloud apps in the enterprise. This is especially acute when I talk to folks in the financial services, insurance and government sectors,” said Sanjay Beri, chief executive officer and founder at Netskope. “Through the Netskope Secure Cloud offering, we’re helping these IT organizations put an end to the cloud compliance gridlock and embrace the cloud in ways they’ve not been able to until now.”
“The convenience and economic benefits of cloud-based applications are driving the strongest trend we’ve ever seen in software, and as a result, even the most locked-down enterprises are finding their controls and policies insufficient to support the inevitable changes driven by users and the cloud,” said 451 Research senior analyst Adrian Sanabria. “Netskope’s ability to extend its cloud-based platform on-premises allow it to address some of the most highly regulated enterprises’ use cases, where a 100 percent cloud-based approach isn’t feasible.”
Netskope Secure Cloud is available as an on-premises hardware-based appliance now.
Introducing Netskope Active 2.5
The company also announced the launch of version 2.5 of its Netskope Active Platform, which includes:
- Risk Dashboard: Netskope’s Risk Dashboard now includes information about enterprise cloud assets, vulnerabilities and threats. In this version, the dashboard shows users whose login credentials have been compromised in a data breach.
- Quarantine: Netskope can quarantine content that matches a DLP profile or specified criteria. Netskope can encrypt that content in quarantine and notify the user with a customized message.
- Legal Hold: IT can hold a copy of specific content for examination by a legal or regulatory reviewer through powerful and simple policies. Netskope automatically places a copy of the file in a designated folder or on-premises.
- Secure Business Partner Collaboration: Netskope can now protect files shared outside of the enterprise to people and networks that you do not control.
- File Tracking: Netskope can now track files through file name changes by capturing a hash of the original file for comparison purposes. This helps prevent the type of data exfiltration typically seen when employees leave a company and take company data with them by changing the names of files to avoid detection.
- Control Over Admin Access: Netskope now asserts even more granular control over a cloud apps administrator for maintaining compliance over administrative access and control.
- Global Traffic Management: Netskope’s Global Traffic Management (GTM) service provides fully fault-tolerant global load balancing. This feature works side-by-side with Netskope’s ability to isolate traffic to a particular geography should data-residency concerns be a factor.
Learn More Today!
- Learn more about how Netskope can be deployed to help organizations with cloud security here.
- Netskope is at RSA Conference 2015. Stop by booth #332 for a demo from Netskope or one of our integration partners. Additionally, Netskope VP of product management Rajneesh Chopra will present alongside Box VP of enterprise products Rand Wacker in a lively discussion entitled “How API’s Turned Cloud Security on its Head” at 8am on Thursday, April 23.
Acerca de Netskope
Netskope™ is the leader in safe cloud enablement. Only Netskope gives IT the ability to find, understand, and secure sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud apps. With Netskope, organizations can direct usage, protect sensitive data and ensure compliance in real-time on any device, including native apps on mobile devices and whether on-premises or remote, and with the broadest range of deployment options in the market. With Netskope, the business can move fast with confidence.
Netskope is based in Los Altos, California. Visit us at www.netskope.com and follow us on Twitter @Netskope.