At Netskope, we’ve talked a lot lately about how to safely enable ChatGPT and other generative AI applications such as Google Bard and Jasper. Why? As the saying goes, “There’s no going back.” Generative AI is here to stay and will have a transformative effect on our day-to-day lives whether we’re in technology or not. Adoption of ChatGPT alone is growing exponentially in enterprises, currently at a rate of 25% month over month, and approximately 1 out of 100 enterprise employees is actively using ChatGPT every day, with each employee submitting an average of 8 ChatGPT prompts per day, according to Netskope Threat Labs. That already puts ChatGPT’s average daily usage on par with a great many well-known SaaS applications that have been around a heck of a lot longer.
So, what to do? If it’s something enterprises and governments choose to block outright—and we’ve seen plenty of headlines already about blocking or significantly limiting access to ChatGPT—they’re creating a culture that stifles innovation and holds back the promise of how generative AI can be used to boost productivity. We understand where that approach comes from: generative AI is also a major security risk in the sense that if not properly safeguarded, it can be a conduit for cyber threats, the publication and exposure of confidential data, compliance implications, and other concerns. Luckily, there’s a safe way to enable ChatGPT and other generative AI applications today, and it involves having the right modern data and application controls in place.
Netskope is now pleased to offer a comprehensive data protection solution for securely safeguarding employee use of generative AI applications—all as a single, unified solution offering. That’s right: today, you can get the best of Netskope modern data protection—including advanced ML-based data detection capabilities—in one purchase. (Head to http://netskope.com/chatgpt for full details and to get started right away.)
Today, this solution as part of Netskope Intelligent Security Service Edge (SSE) includes the following:
Comprehensive Application Usage Visibility
- The ability to discover the use and the cyber-risks of ChatGPT and other generative AI apps within the organization via industry’s broadest discovery of SaaS (using a dynamic database of 60,000+ applications)
- Best-in-class Cloud Confidence Index™ (CCI) risk profiling, based on ML-models that actively classifies new applications in use and evaluates their risks accordingly
- The ability to see and analyze specific usage, user activities, events, and trends of each generative AI app via the Advanced Analytics dashboards
- Granular context and instance awareness via patented Cloud XD™ analytics, which discerns access levels and data flows through various application accounts and instances, such as corporate vs. personal
- Visibility via a new web category specially created for identifying generative AI domains, enabling teams to configure access control and real-time protection policies, and manage traffic destined specifically for generative AI applications
Advanced Application Access Control
- The ability to monitor and allow or deny access to ChatGPT and other generative AI applications
- Visual coaching messages to alert users in real-time of potential data exposure and other risks every time generative AI applications are accessed— promoting responsible use of generative AI applications and training employees in real-time, without stopping harmless queries
Advanced Data Protection
- The most accurate automatic identification and categorization of sensitive data achieved with the use of a comprehensive set of advanced ML-based data classification, thousands of configurable data identifiers, data fingerprinting, natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, statistical modeling, and much more
- The ability to monitor and allow or block posts and file uploads to AI chatbots based on their sensitivity and confidentiality level
- Visual coaching messages to alert and train users in real-time on data access or transmission violation and attempted data exposure
- Comprehensive support for regulatory compliance needs such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and many others, using pre-defined compliance template
The Highest Performing Security Services
- With SSE services powered by NewEdge, the world’s largest security private cloud presence with data centers in 65+ regions globally, Netskope provides customers with unparalleled service coverage, performance, and resilience
If you’re interested in learning more about where to do next with securing Generative AI in your organization, please visit our ChatGPT and Generative AI solution page, or watch this demo video to find out how to safely enabling ChatGPT with Netskope. Keep up with the latest Netskope blogs about Generative AI here.
Additionally, if you want to learn more about generative AI and data security, please register for our LinkedIn Live event ChatGPT: Fortifying Data Security in the AI App-ocalypse, featuring Netskopers Krishna Narayanaswamy (CTO), Naveen Palavalli (VP of Product Strategy ), and Neil Thacker (CISO EMEA ), this Thursday, June 22 at 9:30am PT.