- Enterprise Resource Planning, Document Management and Security among top-scoring cloud app categories
- Salesforce, Box, Syncplicity, Workday and NetSuite among top 10 most enterprise-ready cloud apps
LOS ALTOS, Calif. – Oct. 3, 2012 – Enterprises today no longer have a choice about whether they embrace the cloud as their employees are already using cloud apps to perform critical business functions, often without IT’s involvement. Netskope, the cloud app analytics and policy company, today unveiled its inaugural Netskope Cloud ReportTM. For the report, which is available on the Netskope blog, we analyzed data from Netskope’s Cloud Confidence IndexTM (CCI), a database of more than 2,600 cloud apps. We reviewed app characteristics such as security, auditability and disaster recovery, and assigned each app a CCI score between 0-100.
According to Sanjay Beri, Netskope CEO, “We launched the Netskope Cloud Report to give IT and business decision-makers insights into cloud app risks, opportunities and usage trends that will help them make the most informed decisions.”
What immediately jumped out after analyzing the CCI data are the app categories that rank high and low in the CCI. The bottom-scoring cloud app categories in terms of average CCI score are Software Development, Marketing and Productivity. These categories fall short because they lack features such as app compliance certifications, encryption of data at rest and enforcement of complex passwords.
The top scoring cloud app categories are Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Document Management,and Security. “The top-scoring apps tend to address audit logging, granular role-based policies and separation of customers’ data in the cloud much better than bottom-scoring apps,” said Beri.
“Businesses should be diligent about ensuring that their cloud apps include baseline security and enterprise-readiness features,” said Beri. “Solutions like Netskope can help supplement some of the features that may be lacking, such as auditability, and can do it consistently across all apps.”
Top 10 Highest Scoring Cloud Apps:
- Salesforce.com – CRM and SFA
- Box – Cloud Storage
- CrashPlan – Cloud Backup
- Amazon Web Services – Infrastructure
- EasyVista – IT/Application Management
- Workday – HR
- Syncplicity – Cloud Storage
- eVault – Cloud Storage
- Zoho – Collaboration
- NetSuite – Enterprise Resource Planning
- Netskope launch press release
- Learn more about why we founded Netskope, read the Netskope founding story from CEO and founder, Sanjay Beri
- Check out our new white paper, “5 Steps to Cloud Confidence”
- See how Netskope works, view our infographic
- See the infographic related to this report
- To learn more about the CCI, read the datasheet
- learn more about how to gain visibility into enterprise cloud apps and how to ensure they are secure and compliant
- And for the latest trends, insights and comment from Netskope’s team, visit the Netskope blog
Netskope is the cloud app analytics and policy company. Only Netskope eliminates the catch-22 between being agile and being secure and compliant by providing complete visibility and enforcing sophisticated policies in cloud apps. Netskope performs deep analytics and lets decision-makers create policies in a few clicks that protect corporate data and optimize cloud app usage in real-time and at scale. With Netskope, people get their favorite cloud apps and the business can move fast, with confidence.
Netskope is headquartered in Los Altos, California. Visit us at Netskope.com and follow us on Twitter @Netskope.