First-ever TAG Cyber Security Annual provides in-depth research and analysis for information security professionals
Netskope, the leader in cloud security, today announced that it has been included as a distinguished vendor in the 2017 TAG Cyber Security Annual — Practical Handbook and Reference Guide for the Working Cyber Security Professional. Netskope is part of an industry collective of 48 of the nation’s foremost cyber security vendors participating in the report, which was published by The Amoroso Group (TAG Cyber) following in-depth industry research and analysis.
“The Netskope team is proud to have been included in this fine research initiative,” said Sanjay Beri, founder and CEO, Netskope. “Our work in the area of cloud security is a critical component in today’s enterprise computing environment.”
The report details a new urgency for how America’s commercial, financial and utility sectors respond to escalating and increasingly complex cyber attacks. It includes a comprehensive analysis of the cyber security industry with specific insights from C-level executives and thought leaders. Dr. Edward G. Amoroso, former chief security officer of AT&T and author of six books on cyber security, spearheaded writing and researching the report.
“The approach to cloud security inherent in the Netskope solutions will be critical to proper protection of the modern virtual enterprise,” explained Amoroso.
The 2017 TAG Cyber Security Annual has been written for information security and technology professionals in all industries with a special focus on U.S. infrastructure companies, including energy, telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare and utilities. The report will be available at no cost to all users as a free download on the Netskope website and TAG Cyber’s website.
The handbook is centered around a revolutionary new approach to cyber security that calls on tech leaders of the largest and most important American enterprises to explode existing infrastructure to disperse data across multiple platforms, offload sensitive information into secure cloud-based solutions and reload systems, policies and personnel to better position them to effectively defend against cyber attacks that are not only likely, but occurring at an increasing rate.
It includes three volumes:
- Volume 1: TAG Cyber Security Fifty Controls details the fifty primary control areas required for CISO teams to be effective in this new era of cyber security. These areas include traditional controls such as firewall platforms and two-factor authentication along with non-traditional controls such as security recruiting and security R&D. For each control area, an extensive list of supporting vendors is included to help jumpstart local source selection.
- Volume 2: Interviews with Distinguished Vendor Principals includes in-depth conversations with the thought leaders and distinguished vendor principals. It offers a brief digest of the expert guidance and cyber security insights offered by these industry authorities during the research stages of this report.
- Volume 3: TAG Cyber Security Vendor Listings serves as a reference guide to the cyber security industry. This comprehensive review includes nearly 1,400 vendors this year, with an additional 500 vendors to be incorporated into the 2018 report.
- Download the Netskope Cloud Report for more detailed analysis and to see the full list of the most widely used cloud apps by enterprises
- Learn more about how to gain visibility into enterprise cloud apps and how to ensure they are secure and compliant
- Visit the Netskope Hub for the latest commentary and insight on trends from the Netskope team
Netskope is the leader in cloud security. Using patented technology, Netskope’s cloud-scale security platform provides context-aware governance of all cloud usage in the enterprise in real-time, whether accessed from the corporate network, remote, or from a mobile device. This means that security professionals can understand risky activities, protect sensitive data, stop online threats, and respond to incidents in a way that fits how people work today. With granular security policies, the most advanced cloud DLP, and unmatched breadth of workflows, Netskope is trusted by the largest companies in the world. Netskope — cloud with confidence. To learn more, visit our website.
About TAG Cyber, LLC
The Amoroso Group (TAG Cyber) is a global cyber security advisory, training, consulting and media services company. Led by Edward Amoroso, industry veteran and former chief security officer for AT&T, TAG Cyber supports hundreds of companies around the world by providing a roadmap for identifying, preventing and eliminating cyber attacks on their systems and data.